10 Easy Outdoor Christmas Light Decoration Ideas
As the holiday season approaches, many people are gearing up to decorate their homes both inside and out. If you’re looking for some easy outdoor Christmas light decoration ideas, look no further. We’ve got 10 easy ones for you that will make your home look festive and inviting.
- Hang icicle lights along your roofline: This is a classic Christmas light decoration that always looks great. Plus, it’s relatively simple to do. Just make sure you use clear thumb tacks or hooks so the nails don’t show through the icicles.
- Line your walkway or driveway with luminaria bags: This is a beautiful way to add some extra light and holiday cheer to your home’s exterior. Simply fill small sandbags with sand and place a votive candle in each one. Then line them up along your walkway or driveway for a stunning display.
- Wrap trees and shrubs with string lights: This is another easy way to add some festive flair to your outdoor spaces. Just be sure to use lights that are designed for outdoor use so they don’t overheat and cause a fire hazard.
- Hang wreaths on your doors and windows: This is a classic Christmas decoration that always looks great. You can buy ready-made wreaths at most craft or home stores, or you can make your own using fresh evergreens and some ribbon or twine.
- Place candles in your windows: This is a simple way to add some extra light and warmth to your home during the dark winter months. Just be sure to blow out the candles before you go to bed each night to avoid any accidents.
- Fill mason jars with lights and hang them from tree branches: This is a great way to add some extra light to your outdoor spaces without spending a lot of money. Just fill small mason jars with battery-operated string lights and hang them from tree branches using a clear fishing line.
- Make a lighted holiday sign: This is a fun project that you can do with the whole family. Just get a piece of plywood or cardboard, paint it white, and then use Christmas lights to spell out a holiday message.
- Hang garland on your porch rails: This is a simple way to add some holiday cheer to your front porch or deck. Just drape some garland around your porch rails and secure it in place with clear tape or pins.
- Place a lighted Christmas tree in your yard: This is a great way to add some extra holiday cheer to your outdoor spaces. You can buy small, pre-lit trees at most home or garden stores. Or, if you’re feeling ambitious, you can cut down your own tree and string it with lights.
- Make a giant lighted snowflake: This is a fun project that you can do with the whole family. Just get a piece of plywood or cardboard and cut it into the shape of a giant snowflake. Then use Christmas lights to outline the snowflake. Hang it from a tree branch or secure it to your house using clear tape or pins.
These are just a few of the many easy outdoor Christmas light decoration ideas that you can use to make your home look its best this holiday season. So get out there and start decorating! Your friends and neighbors will be sure to notice.
LBL Christmas Lights