The Dos and Don’ts of Christmas Lights Install
Installing Christmas lights is a tradition for many families during the holiday season. But if you’re not careful, it can also be a safety hazard. Here are some tips to have safe and efficient Christmas lights install this year.
- Use the proper type of lights for your home. Indoor lights should be rated for indoor use, and outdoor lights should be rated for outdoor use.
- Check your cords and plugs for any signs of damage before using them. If you see any fraying or exposed wires, do not use them.
- Use clips or zip ties to secure your cords and lights in place. This will help prevent them from being pulled down or tangled.
- Keep an eye on your power usage. Overloading circuits can cause fires, so make sure you know how much power your lights are drawing before plugging them in.
- Hang lights on trees or bushes with metal thorns. The thorns can puncture the insulation on the wires and create a shock hazard.
- Use nails or staples to secure your lights in place. This can damage the wires and create a fire hazard.
- Run cords across walkways or doorways. People can trip over them, and they can also be damaged by foot traffic.
- Forget to turn off your lights before going to bed. It’s important to give yourself and your family a break from the bright lights during the holiday season.
By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your Christmas light installation is safe and efficient. Merry Christmas!
Reasons why you should install Christmas lights this year
Installing Christmas lights is a great way to get into the holiday spirit! Not only do they add a festive touch to your home, but they can also provide some practical benefits. Here are just a few of the reasons why you should install Christmas lights this year:
- Increased Security: Christmas lights can act as a deterrent to criminals, making your home less appealing to potential intruders.
- Increased Safety: In addition to providing security, Christmas lights can also help to make your home safer. Properly installed lights will increase the visibility of your property both during the day and at night, making it less likely that someone will accidentally stumble upon your home.
- Reduced Energy Costs: By adding Christmas lights to your home, you can actually reduce your energy costs! LED lights use up to 90% less energy than traditional incandescent lights, so you can save money while you celebrate.
- Improved curb appeal: Christmas lights can help to make your home more attractive, both to you and to your neighbors! In addition to looking great, well-lit homes are also more likely to sell if you ever decide to put your property on the market.
If you’re looking for a way to get into the holiday spirit this year, look no further than Christmas lights! Not only are they easy to install, but they offer a wide range of benefits that make them well worth the effort. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and start stringing up those lights!
LBL Christmas Lights